QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist with a minimum of 5 years of field experience.
• Should possess or have the experience to take the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) within one year of hire.
• Strong communication (written & verbal) and coordination skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, the internet, database software.
• Ability to work well with contractors, clients, and government agencies.
• Valid Driver's License is required.
• Experience working with public entities (IDOT, Tollway, CDOT, etc.).
• Illinois Pesticide Commercial Applicator with Right-of-Way or Aquatic.
• Possess formal education in arboriculture, urban forestry, biology, ecology, horticulture, environmental science or associate fields.
Flexibility and Adaptability
• Recovers from disappointments and setbacks.
• Works effectively with unstructured teams, situations, or environments.
• Helps others adapt to changing environments and accept new situations.
• Asks questions and seeks help when needed.
• Knows organization's resources and tools for professional development.
• Can describe how strengths and limitations impact professional performance.
• Speaks well without preparation.
• Adapts language, tone, structure, and level of detail to the needs of others.
• Maintains a dialogue in difficult situations.
• Identifies characteristics of good teamwork.
• Names primary and ancillary members of own team.
• Explains team mission and objectives.
• Explains problem and escalation practices.
• Identifies potential and actual problems or conflicts in own area.
• Utilizes accepted procedures for problem analysis and resolution.
• Produces written materials relevant to own work and department.
• Uses organization's guidelines for writing reports, correspondence, documentation, etc.
• Welcomes and uses feedback / editing assistance.